Creature Feature Review



     There is a great documentary called Blood, Boobs, & Beast  that details indie horror director Don Dohler and his efforts to make his low budget features.  There is a part where he is talking to his fellow collaborators about how not having the "three b's" will hurt there distribution sales.  I feel the creators of Creature Feature must have taken that same advice. 

     Creature Feature is about a collection of horror stories that are told by party goers during a Halloween party.  The stories included a killer clown, a werewolf, zombie, sirens, and general macabre and do flow pretty coherent through out the running time.  I say this because some anthology movies tend to just be a mash up of random shit that doesn't hold my attention (I'm talking to you Slices).  I found that is movie is maybe a step up from Terrortory which honestly I really did enjoy, but felt some scenes were rather forced.

     I found Creature Feature very well made for being a little indie horror movie.  The makeup effects are extremely well done, the cinematography is dark and moody, and the acting is actually passable.  The transitions from scenes was cool the first few times, but with the same sound effect blaring on the soundtrack it did get old quick.  The movie does have a good amount of nudity, but a few scenes felt forced like the filmmakers were trying to pad out the running time.  I guess the horror nerd in me can't really complain about that though since boobs were involved.

     Overall I recommended Creature Feature because well made horror movies are hard to come by nowadays.  Anyone can grab a camera, latex, and fake blood and make a movie that has "three b's", but a lot of times aspiring filmmakers forget one key ingredient for success.  

MAKE IT FUCKING WATCHABLE!!!!


7 out of 10 stars

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Bottom Shelf Reviews Interview: Johnny Daggers

She Wolf Rising Review

The Cropsey Incident Review